Birthday parties, summer BBQ’s, family reunions or picnics at the park, every sort of celebration calls for some sort of a treat. Well I’ve got a solution for your next gathering. Vanilla Oreo cupcakes.
Who could think of a yummier cupcake recipe than mixing sweet Oreos with vanilla cake mix? Every family birthday party, I am required to bring this vanilla and chocolate cupcake treat- no joke. My family members have always been Oreo cookie fanatics, so what better way to celebrate your birthday than to have your favorite cookie put into your cake mix. This vanilla Oreo cupcake recipe is exactly that!
Vanilla Oreo Cupcake Recipe That Always Delivers
One of the things that sets this Oreo cupcake apart from any other cupcake recipe is the frosting. Personally, I LOVE frosting. I love to decorate these with an inch or two of this delicious stuff and give them a nice swirl on top. My husband isn’t as big on frosting, and loves the Oreo cake mix part of the cupcake. In fact, he literally wipes off all the frosting except for a tiny layer just so he can enjoy as many of the Oreo bottom cupcakes as he can.
No matter which way you like to eat these, the term “death by Oreo” never sounded like such an appealing fate. If you’ve ever wanted to learn how to make Oreo cupcakes, this is the time!
Next time you want to please your guests or impress your husband, make sure you come prepared with this delicious Vanilla Oreo cupcake recipe.
For another delicious cupcake recipe, try these Cherry Chip Cupcakes!
- CAKE BATTER
- 1 bag of Oreos (Set aside 20 for frosting)
- 1 box of white cake mix
- ¾ cup of sour cream
- ½ cup of buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup of vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 20 Oreos crushed
- 8 oz of cream cheese
- ½ cup of butter (1 stick) softened
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 4½ cups of powdered sugar
- 20 finely crushed Oreos
- 1 bag of mini Oreos
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- line cupcake pan with liners
- in a ziploc bag crush up 20 oreos into small pieces
- in a large bowl mix together white cake mix, buttermilk, sour cream, oil, and eggs
- add in the vanilla and almond extract and mix again
- using a rubber spatula, fold in the crushed Oreo pieces
- fill your cupcake liners ¾ of the way full
- put into oven for 17-20 minutes
- take out and let cool completely before frosting
- In a ziploc bag, finely crush 20 oreos
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, mix together the cream cheese, butter and vanilla
- mix until completely smooth
- add one cup of powdered sugar at a time
- mix until all your powdered sugar has been used up
- add the finely crushed Oreos and mix in with the frosting
- after the cupcakes are completely cooled, you can frost them
- add a mini Oreo to the top for decoration