If zucchini is abundant in your garden, then you will want to try this recipe for cheese and sausage Bisquick zucchini bake.
My husband has a garden and while one of our favorite things to do with the yummy things he grows is to make salsa every year (YUM!), my other favorite thing he grows is the zucchini. There are so many amazing recipes you can make with zucchini from appetizers and sides, to entrees and main courses, on to desserts! This zucchini casserole with Bisquick is just one of my favorite examples.
I got this zucchini Bisquick sausage bake recipe from my sister in law, (she has a blog called http://weekdaychef.blogspot.com/) and let me tell you, it is one of my favorite zucchini dishes!
Every time I make this, my family always raves about how good this is. One of the key ingredients, which may seem strange to some, is the Bisquick. It’s really what makes this Bisquick zucchini bake have the amazing texture that you get with every bite.
A Bisquick Sausage Casserole Everyone Will Love!
Whenever zucchini season is on in my husband’s garden, I make this Bisquick zucchini bake at least once a week and we never get tired of it! This would make a great brunch dish, but seriously I would eat this any time of the day!!
While we know you’ll love this Bisquick sausage casserole, we also understand you may be in the mood for something a little different, but still with zucchini. For another delicious zucchini recipe, try out our zucchini cupcakes!
- 4 medium zucchini's sliced thinly
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 16oz. package Jimmy Dean Sausage
- 1 cup Bisquick
- ¼ cup milk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs beaten
- ¾ cup grated cheddar jack cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Spray a 9x9 pan with cooking spray. Layer the zucchini slices in the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle the onion on top of the zucchini.
- Cook and brown the sausage, and drain off any excess grease.
- Put the sausage on top of the zucchini and onion.
- Salt and pepper the layers.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the bisquick, milk, egg and oil till smooth.
- Pour on top of the zucchini and sausage layers.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven 30 to 40 minutes or until it looks golden on top.
- I like to let it set just for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Sooo, delicious!!!