I love making cookies out of cake mix! I love how easy they are to make and yet they are absolutely delicious!
These German Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies sound as good as they taste and make for the perfect dessert or holiday treat. We like to make these around Christmas time and whip them out when we have our big family party for either Christmas Eve or Christmas day. My family likes cake and cookies, so it’s no surprise these bring a smile to their faces every single year.
German Chocolate Cookies Made With Cake Mix
That’s right! These little chocolate cookies are made with cake mix. These cookies are like little German chocolate cakes all rolled up in a cookie! One thing I love about these cookies using cake mix is the final step you do to give them the yummy center filling.
You push your finger in the middle of them after about a minute of cooling and then generously fill the center with coconut pecan frosting! Then you get to lick your fingers once your done, too. So it’s a win for everybody!
All you German Chocolate Cake lovers out there are going to love these German Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies! They were a big hit around my house! After trying them once you will probably want to make this German Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies recipe again and again….and you can because it is super easy!
For another delicious cookie recipe, try out our Fruitcake Cookies!
- 1 (18.25 oz.) German Chocolate Cake Mix with pudding
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup oatmeal
- 2 eggs
- 1 container Coconut Pecan Frosting (14.5 oz.)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the frosting, and mix well.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool for one minute. Press your thumb in the middle of each cookie to make a small well in the middle of the cookie. Spoon about 1-2 teaspoons of the coconut pecan frosting into the well. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Makes 2 dozen cookies.