This Brazilian Limeade is another classic Brazilian recipe that you don’t want to miss out on. It is super easy to make, and a delightful, refreshing treat for the taste buds. I
really had a lot of fun making this limonada recipe, and experienced a bit of nostalgia. Making all of these delicious Brazilian treats is definitely taking me on a trip down memory lane, to the time that I was a missionary in Brazil. Those 18 months I spent there were some of the hardest, but most rewarding months of my life.
Brazilian Limeade: A Limonada Recipe to Remember
As a missionary in Brazil, I spent a lot of time walking. We didn’t have cars or bikes, so we were either walking or hitching a ride on a bus. Most days we spent about 50% of our time walking. As you can probably imagine, when you walk that much, you get pretty darn thirsty. Luckily, the Brazilian people are a very loving, generous people. We could stop at pretty much any house and they would happily invite us in and offer us a Brazilian drink, even if they weren’t interested in the message that we had to share as missionaries.
Most times it was Brazilian soda, or water, or Brazilian juice made from powder mix, but on occasion, if we were lucky, we would get served juice made from fresh Brazilian fruit. It was always a magical moment when this happened, because nothing beats fresh-squeezed juice.
It was even more magical if that juice happened to be “Limonada” (Brazilian Limeade). In my opinion, You haven’t truly experienced Brazil unless you have experienced this Brazilian Limeade.
When you’re done drinking this delicious Limonada recipe, try out another delicious Brazilian dish like our Brazilian Pave Dessert!
- 2 limes
- 3 tbsp of sweetened condensed milk
- ¼-1/2 cup granulated sugar (depending on how sweet you want it)
- 1.5 cups of water
- 1 cup ice
- Wash the limes thoroughly and then cut the pointy ends off of them
- Place the limes in a blender with peels still intact ( I prefer to use a magic bullet or Ninja blender)
- Add the rest of the ingredients and puree in the blender
- Pour the drink mixture through a mesh strainer with a bowl or pitcher underneath it to catch the liquid (This removes the pulp and extra peel that is left)
- Pour it into cups to serve, and enjoy!