If you are looking for a perfect spring jello salad, then this lemon jello delight is it!
This isn’t your plain old lemon jello, this is amazing jello! I found this recipe in an old college cook book that I pulled out from 1981 and was excited to try it. This lemon jello delight was an instant hit with my family and is now one of our family favorites!
Lemon Jello for any Occasion!
While this lemon-flavored jello does make a perfect spring salad, it’s really great for just about any occasion. I just can’t figure out why it took me so long to make it! I can’t believe I have had the jello salad recipe sitting there all these years and have never indulged in this deliciousness. Boy was I missing out! Thankfully, it’s been recovered and now immortalized on the internet for all to enjoy. This recipe is simple, quick and a kid-favorite. You won’t be disappointed!
For other delicious jello salad recipes, try out our Cherry Cranberry Jello Salad!
- 2 (3 oz.) pkgs. lemon jello
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple-drain and save the juice
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- ½ tub cool whip
- 2 Tbls. cornstarch
- 1 cup pienapple juice (add water if not enough juice)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- Make jello as directed on packages. Add drained pineapple, bananas and marshmallows. Set in a 9x13 dish. After the jello is firm, make the topping.
- Mix juice, sugar, cornstarch and egg in a medium saucepan. Cook stirring constantly until thick. Cool and fold in cool whip. Spread over the set jello and leave in refrigerator until serving.