Summer and fall are my favorite times of the year for food. I absolutely love all the delicious pasta salads that I get to try at all the summer and fall gatherings. I am constantly looking for different salads that I know I will want to make over and over again.
This ham and cheese pasta salad was a hit at last week’s BBQ. I absolutely love the combination of flavor and all the different textures in this salad. The dressing has a bit of a sweet flavor that mixes perfectly with the ham, cheese and vegetables.
Ham and Cheese Pasta Salad Shapes
Not only that, try this with spiraled macaroni and it will look great as well as taste great. The kids love the different shapes and sizes of pasta, so sometimes just mixing up the type of past you use in your salad can make all the difference.
If you are looking for the perfect salad for your next BBQ or family gathering, then look no further. This ham and cheese pasta salad will not disappoint.
For another delicious pasta salad recipe, try out our Cashew Chicken Pasta Salad!
- 1 pound cavatappi pasta
- ½ red bell pepper
- ½ orange bell pepper
- ½ red onion diced
- 1 cucumber
- ½ pound of diced ham
- 8 ounces colby-jack cheese cut into cubes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Follow the directions on the pasta to cook. -- Drain and rinse with cold water. Put the pasta in a large bowl and place in the fridge to cool.
- Peel the cucumber and cut into small cubes.
- Clean and cut up the peppers into small pieces.
- Finely chop ½ of the red onion. ( I personally don't like finding large pieces of onions in my salad)
- Cut the colby-jack cheese into small cubes. (I cut about ¼ inch thickness and then cut those pieces into cubes)
- Open the package of diced ham.
- Place all of the ingredients in with the pasta and mix together.
- In a separate bowl mix together the mayo, sugar and apple cider vinegar.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta mixture and mix together.
- Cover and let cool in fridge for about an hour.