Cookies in a salad? Yes, that’s right! And they are so so yummy! I got this Cookie Salad recipe at a family gathering from one of my husband’s cousins. At first glance, I wasn’t too sure about it only because typically “cookies” and “salad” don’t usually fall in the same sentence.
But boy was I wrong! I fell in love with this cookie salad recipe the minute I took the first bite. In fact, I’d go so far as to say salads have never had it so good. Cookie Salad was a huge hit!.
Cookie Looks Can be Deceiving
When I first saw this dish, I thought it was going to be a potato salad and was surprised when it turned out to be a sweet and creamy salad, with cookies in it! This Cookie Salad is so good that you might feel like you are eating a dessert! It could really serve either purpose. You could serve it as a dessert or a side salad to top off a delicious meal. Either way, I don’t think you or your guests will be disappointed.
In our dish we use the fudge stripe cookie salad ingredients, but that doesn’t mean you can’t try something else! We’ve seen people try a number of different kinds of cookies/ingredients to create an oreo cookie salad, mandarin orange cookie salad and more. Personally, I love the fudge stripe and oreo cookie variety the best.
Here at Sugar n’ Spice Gals, we love cookies AND salads. For a great cookie dessert recipe, you might try our Orange Cream Cookies. For another great dessert salad recipe, try our Cranberry Jello salad!
- COOKIE SALAD
- 2 3.4 oz pkgs. instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cup buttermilk
- 12 oz Cool Whip
- 1 20 oz can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 15 oz cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 11.5 oz pkg. Fudge Striped Cookies (about 30 cookies)
- Whip buttermilk, cool whip and pudding.
- Smash cookies in a plastic bag till they are in tiny pieces.
- Add smashed cookies, mandarin oranges and pineapple to mixture.
- Best if chilled for 6 hours before serving.