At work the other day, a student’s mother gave me a Chocolate Caramel Pretzel all wrapped up in a cute bag. I absolutely love pretzels, but when you dip them in caramel and chocolate it puts them over the top. I’m a fan of sweet and salty and these are just that. I loved the chocolate caramel pretzels so much I decided to go home and make my own. I wasn’t sure how to make them, so it was fun trying to figure out how to do it. I bought caramels and chocolate bark and went to work.
I found them easy to make except I made one mistake. After dipping them in caramel I put them on a cookie sheet that I had lined with wax paper. MISTAKE! They stuck to the wax paper. Who would have thought! Oh well, I tried again and this time I put them on a buttered cookie sheet. Much better!
Sometimes you have to try things a couple of times or more to achieve success! These turned out so delicious that I got a little carried away and decide to dip my peanut butter crackers in the caramel and chocolate, too.
Chocolate Caramel Pretzels and Peanut Butter Crackers Goodness!
Let’s just say that the peanut butter ones turned out amazing! I guess almost anything dipped in caramel and chocolate is delicious to me. 🙂 Be creative and roll them in nuts, sprinkles or drizzle a contrast chocolate on top.
For another holiday-themed pretzel recipe, try these Valentine Pretzel Bites!
- Pretzel Sticks
- Peanut Butter Crackers or make your own by spreading peanut butter on Ritz Crackers.
- 1 bag wrapped caramels
- 2 Tbs. water
- 24 oz package Chocolate Almond Bark
- 24 oz. package Almond Bark (White)
- Chopped pecans, sprinkles
- Grease a cookie sheet with butter
- Unwrap the caramels and microwave for 1 minute in a microwave safe bowl. Stir and then microwave 15 seconds more at a time stirring after each time until you have a nice smooth consistency.
- Dip the pretzel or cracker in the caramel until covered.
- Place on cookie sheet to cool and set.
- Microwave in two separate bowls ½ of the chocolate bark in one bowl and ½ of the almond bark in the other bowl.
- Dip the caramel covered pretzel or cracker in the chocolate.
- Roll in nuts if desired and then place back on buttered cookie sheet.
- If you don't roll in nuts, you can roll them in sprinkles or drizzle the contrasting chocolate bark over the top.
- Let cool and set.