My dad has made stuffed green peppers as long as I can remember. Growing up, we always looked forward to this meal, and I still am excited to make them to this day! Whenever I make this stuffed green pepper recipe it reminds me of my childhood.
My dad is the type of cook that would just throw things together without really measuring and whatever he was making would come out amazing!
I had my dad give me this stuffed green pepper recipe so that I could make them as close as I could to his original creations.
My dad’s name is Don, so in honor of him I named these Don’s Stuffed Green Peppers!
I love it when we have an abundance of green peppers growing in our garden because it gives me the opportunity to make this stuffed green pepper recipe often.
I tried these on my new son in law and he absolutely fell in love with them. Hope you will enjoy them as much as I have throughout the years.
If you’re looking for other stuffed recipes, you might try this amazing Stuffed Chicken Breast recipe as well.
Don's Stuffed Green Peppers
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 4-6 medium sized green peppers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 Tbs. dried minced onions
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- optional: ½ tsp. minced garlic
- Cut green peppers in half, (lengthwise or just cut the top of of one) .
- Place each half in boiling water for about one minute and then place in a greased 9x9 pan.
- Mix ground beef, onions, salt and pepper, egg, ¼ cup tomato sauce and bread crumbs
- Stuff each green pepper half with the meat mixture.
- Pour the rest of the tomato sauce over the top.
- Cook at 375 degrees for 1 hour or till the meat is cooked through.