Halloween is one of my favorite times of year. I love the crispness of the air, the decorations, the scary movies, and of course the treats!
When my kids were young it was fun to get them involved in making treats around Halloween. This Sticky Witches Popcorn Mix is one of those fun recipes that gets the kiddos involved in making a yummy treat to share. It’s not only fun to make but it is totally addicting! Adults might call this Halloween Crack, because once you start eating it, it’s really hard to stop.
Use your imagination while making this by putting on a witches hat and having your kids pretend they are making a magic treat. Of course the magic of this Sticky Witches Popcorn Mix is that you will be hooked once you try it. You will feel as though a Witch has cast a spell on you!
- 4.5 oz bag of Butter Puff Corn. ( chopped intestines)
- 4 cups Bugles Corn Snacks (Witches fingers)
- 1 cup cashews (kidneys)
- 1 cup Craisins (shriveled hearts)
- 1 cup Candy Corn M&M's (eyeballs)
- 1 cup Karo Syrup
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- In a large Bowl, toss together the Puff Corn, Bugles, cashews, Craisins and M&M's.
- In a medium size pan heat together the Karo Syrup, butter and sugar.
- Boil for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Pour the sugar mix over the popcorn mix and stir gently.
- (Be careful with the M&M's because they can melt)
- When all the mix is coated well, pour onto a lightly sprayed cookie sheet and spread out.
- Let cool.
- Note: While making the Popcorn mix have the kids pretend they are putting in chopped intestines, witches fingers, kidneys, shriveled hearts and eyeballs. This makes it fun for the kiddos.