My daughter had recently bought a few too many limes for another recipe she was making. So I decided I better find a way to use them. I had this Cumin Lime Chicken Salad recipe lying around the house in an old cook book and I thought I would give it a try.
At first I wasn’t sure I would love my chicken being marinated in mostly lime and cumin, but when the salad was thrown together I absolutely loved it! My family ate it up super fast! I’m really glad I gave this Cumin Lime Chicken Salad recipe a try and look forward to making it again soon.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut in halves)
- 1 Tbs. cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup lime juice
- 1 avocado
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ red onion chopped
- 1 can black beans, drained
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Ranch dressing
- Place the lime juice, cumin, garlic and chicken pieces in a large zip lock bag.
- Let it marinade over night or for at least a few hours.
- Grill the chicken on the Barbecue.
- Slice into small pieces
- Toss together the lettuce, carrots, cucumber, onion, beans and avocado.
- Add the chicken and cheese and toss.
- Serve with Ranch Dressing. (Homemade is always the best)
This is a great summer salad and is a meal in itself. Marinade the chicken the night before and have it ready to barbecue and toss together to make one delicious salad!