I love being able to take a simple cake mix and jazz it up enough to make it seem more then just a plain old boxed cake mix. This Lemon Jello Cake turned out absolutely delicious and it was easy to make.
I have family members that are big lemon dessert fans. This cake didn’t disappoint them! It was moist and full of flavor. Once again my husband decided this was his new favorite cake. I love it when I try something new and my husband is happy with it.
This recipe comes from my sister in laws friend and I’m sure glad that I gave it a try.
- 1 lemon cake mix
- 1 large pkg. lemon jello
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup. lemon juice
- 2 T. melted butter
- Mix the cake mix, jello package, water, oil and eggs until well blended.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour cake into a 9x13 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray and lightly floured.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- When cake is done, poke holes across the top of cake with a fork.
- Make the icing by mixing the powdered sugar, lemon juice and melted butter together until smooth.
- Pour the icing over the cake while it is still hot and spread evenly.