This Citrus Pasta Salad is perfect if you are looking to get your fruit and vegetables all in one dish. I love the combination of flavors in this salad, and I love that this salad only has a few basic ingredients, broccoli, pasta, orange, radishes, some sunflower seeds for protein, all topped with a creamy dressing that makes it absolutely delicious!
I found this recipe in an old ward cookbook that was given to me, but I made a few tweaks of my own (like adding an extra tablespoon of sugar and sunflower seeds. )
This salad can be a meal in itself, but we enjoyed it as a side at our last barbecue get together.
I have members of my family that aren’t fans of radishes, however they enjoyed them in this salad. So even if you are not a radish fan you may be surprised to find how good they taste with this creamy dressing.
- ½ bag fresh broccoli florets, chopped
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled and diced
- 2 cups penne pasta, cooked and cooled
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. orange zest
- 2 T. orange juice
- 2 T. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup sunflower seeds (w/out shells)
- In a large bowl combine the broccoli, pasta, radishes and oranges.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, orange zest, orange juice, salt and sugar.
- Pour over the broccoli mix and toss until well coated.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.