I absolutely love this Broccoli and Bacon Summer Salad! I am frequently asked to make this recipe for my family when we all get together, especially during the summer when we barbecue a lot.
I am a big broccoli fan. I love it raw, I love it cooked, I love it in soup, I love it in casseroles, and of course I love it in salad!
I have been making this recipe for years, and have tried different additions to the salad, but this recipe happens to be the one that I love best.
- 4-5 bunches of broccoli chopped into small pieces.
- ½ red onion chopped
- ¾ cup Craisins
- 1 lb. bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons vinegar ( I use apple cider vinegar)
- Optional: ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- Place chopped broccoli, onion, craisins, and bacon in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl wihsk together the mayo, sugar and vinegar.
- Add it to the broccoli and stir until all the broccoli is covered well.
- Cover and place in fridge, let chill for at least an hour.
- Mix in cheese just before serving.
This Broccoli salad is perfect for your summer barbecues but is also perfect any time of year!