One thing I like about making these Tangy BBQ Pork Ribs, is that I can make these even in the middle of the winter since they don’t have to cooked on a grill. When you see that the sauce of these ribs have sauerkraut in it, you tend think that’s a little odd. However, I find that is an ingredient that is an absolute must in these ribs. You don’t have to love sauerkraut to love these BBQ Ribs. These are absolutely delicious and you will love the fact that these are fairly easy to make!
Tangy BBQ Pork Ribs
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Main
- 4 lbs. country style spareribs (or whatever kind you like)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup catsup
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- ½ cup vinegar
- 1-2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Broil or brown the ribs on both sides top get rid of some of the fat.
- Place the ribs in a baking dish. Sprinkle salt, pepper and paprika on the ribs.
- Mix the sugar, water, catsup, vinegar, sauerkraut and Worcestershire sauce together.
- Pour over the ribs and cover with foil.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees oven for 1 ½ to 2 hours. (Or cook a little longer until they are falling apart)
- Remove the foil the last ½ hour of cooking if you want the sauce a little more thick.