I ama big fan of buttery cookies, and these cookies are one of my favorites. I love how these cookies just melt in your mouth! These can be made just as they are, or you can switch them up by adding cinnamon to give it a different twist. These make a perfect treat for any occasion! I’m really glad I found this recipe and hope you can enjoy it as much as I did.
Buttery Pecan Cookie Balls
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 36-40 cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners sugar, divided
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1½ cups finely chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until it is light and fluffy.
- Add ½ cup confectioners sugar and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour, salt, nutmeg and pecans, blend well.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place 1 inch apart.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately start rolling the cookies into the rest of the powdered sugar. Place sugared cookies on a wire rack to cool. When cooled completely, roll again in the sugar.
- If you want to make the cinnamon version, add ½ tsp. cinnamon to the cookie dough, then add another ½ tsp. cinnamon to the powdered sugar to roll the cookies in.
Adapted from mccormick.com