Lemon Pie Bars
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2¼ cup flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together 2 cups flour and the powdered sugar together. Cut in the butter.
- (An easy way to cut in the butter is to freeze it and then grate it into your flour mixture).
- Mix the dough until it resembles a pie dough consistency. Press the dough into a 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the crust is cooking and in a seperate bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, 4 Tbsp. flour, lemon juice and lemon rind. Beat for about 1 minute. Pour the mixture over the baked crust.
- Bake the bars another 20-25 minutes, or until the lemon topping is set.
- Cool completely, then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Cut into bars.
Adapted from: allrecipes.com