Today was another one of those days where I needed to have something ready for dinner with little fuss. I threw this in the crock pot in the morning and when I got home I only had to add the rice for the last 30 minutes of cooking. This was absolutely amazing and so easy. This not only made my life a little easier, but it was so delicious! I need more dishes like this to simplify my life so I don’t have to fuss so much over dinner all the time.
I think we can all agree that like can get crazy and a crock pot can be a life saver on those crazy, busy days when you would otherwise starve. If you are looking for a great new recipe, this Slow Cooker Fiesta Chicken and Rice is one you will for sure want to file in your recipe book. It’s a keeper!
Slow Cooker Fiesta Chicken and Rice
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Serves: serves 8-10
- 2 (10 oz.) cans Rotell Diced Tomatoes and Chilis
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 2 (15 oz.) can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 pkg. Taco Seasoning
- 2 cups water
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut bite size pieces
- 1½ cups parboiled long grain white rice
- Add all ingredients except the rice to your slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Add the rice and continue to cook for 30 more minutes.
- When serving, top with grated cheddar cheese.