Pecan Pumpkin Pie Bites
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 24 mini pies
- 1 (14.1 oz.) pkg. Pillsbury refrigerated rolled piecrust
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup half-and-half or milk
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Unroll the pie crusts (there should be 2 in the package).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a 2½ inch round cookie cutter, or a cup that is about that size, cut 12 circles out of each pie crust. You should end up with 24 circles.
- Gently place a circle into the bottom and up the sides of a lightly greased mini muffin pan.
- For the filling, mix together the pumpkin puree, sugar, egg, pumpkin pie spice, salt and milk.
- Whisk together till blended well.
- Place 2 teaspoons full of the pumpkin mixture into each pastry lined cup.
- Mix together the pecans, butter and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Place 1 tsp. of the pecan mixture on top of each mini pie.
- Bake for 30 minutes of until the filling is set and the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
- These are also good with a little squirt of whip cream from a can..
(Adapted from midwestliving.com)