BBQ Chicken Pizza Crust
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Pizza
- 1 (.25 oz.) package active dry yeast
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 2½ cups bread flour
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- ½ red onion, sliced into 1 inch slivers
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ Tbsp. chopped cilantro (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. In a bowl, (I just put it in my Kitchenaid mixer),
- dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water. Let stand about 10 minutes until creamy.
- Mix in the flour, salt and oil. Mix until smooth with a dough hook on your mixer.
- Let rest 5 minutes.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out in a large circle to fit your pizza pan.
- Transfer to your lightly greased pizza pan.
- In a seperate bowl, combine ⅓ cup of the barbecue sauce with the diced chicken. (We like a lot of chicken on our pizza so we use 3 chicken breasts). Salt and pepper to taste. Spread the other ⅔ cup barbecue sauce on the crust. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Layer the chicken and onion on top of the cheese.
- Bake the pizza for 15-20 minutes. You need to watch it, ours was done closer to 15 minutes. It depends on your oven. Let the baked pizza cool for about 5 minutes before serving.