Doritos Taco Salad
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: salad
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 pkg. Taco Seasoning (I like the Taco Bell brand)
- 1 head of lettuce, chopped
- 1 can dark red beans, drained
- 1 can black olives
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 3 tomatoes diced
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 1 bottle Creamy French Dressing or Ranch dressing (I mix both on mine)
- 1 bag Nacho Cheese Doritos
- Sour cream
- Sliced avacado
- Brown the ground beef in a pan. Drain the grease.
- Add the taco flavoring packet and water according to the packet directions. Keep warm till ready to serve.
- Place out on the table in seperate bowls the following: Chopped lettuce, chopped tomatoes, olives (chopped optional), green onions, grated cheese, dark red beans, sour cream and avacado.
- This is how we assemble our salad:
- Crush some Doritos on to your plate, we usually crush a couple of big handfuls.
- Layer the lettuce on top, then taco meat, red beans, onions, tomatoes, salad dressing, cheese, sour cream, olives and avacados. You of course can layer it how you like, but this seems to work the best.
We make our own individual salads, and I like to crush a little more Doritos on top!