Mexican Chicken Casserole
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 dozen corn tortillas
- 1 cup milk
- 4-5 large chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 onion grated
- 1 (7 oz.) can green chili enchilada sauce
- 1 lb. grated cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Spread the melted butter and chicken broth in the bottom of a 9x13 dish.
- Break the tortilla into pieces and put ½ of them over the butter and broth.
- Next layer ½ of the chicken.
- Repeat another layer of tortilla pieces and chicken.
- Mix the other ingredients together and pour over the top of the chicken and tortillas.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
If you want to cut down on prep time, use frozen diced precooked chicken.