Honey Walnut Shrimp
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: main dish
- 1 lb. shrimp peeled and deveined (I used frozen large shrimp, remove tails)
- ½ cup walnuts
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅔ cup flour
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp. paprika
- salt and pepper
- CREAM SAUCE
- 2 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ Tablespoon sweetened condensed milk
- (I doubled this because I love this sauce!!!)
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a large bowl and set aside.
- Bring the water to a boil in a small pot and add the sugar. Stir to dissolve the sugar and add the walnuts. Boil for 2 minutes. Drain and place the walnuts on parchment paper line cookie sheet to dry.
- In another bowl combine together flour and egg white. Mix until smooth. Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Heat the oil and pan fry the shrimp until golden brown. Roughly 60 second per side. Then drain the excess oil off by placing on a paper towel. Toss the shrimp and walnuts in the creamy sauce mixture.