Italian Lasagna Rolls
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: main dish
- Spaghetti Sauce (about 3 cups) I used Prego Traditional Spaghetti Sauce
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 1 med. onion chopped
- 1 10 oz. pkg. frozen spinach (thawed and squeezed dry)
- 1 15 oz. carton Ricotta Cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- 2 eggs
- 12-15 lasagna noodles
- 8 oz. Mozzarella Cheese
- Prepare your favorite spaghetti sauce, or use 1 jar of prepared spaghetti sauce.
- Cook the ground beef and onion until browned. Drain the fat.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, spinach, Parmesan cheese, eggs, ¼ tsp. salt and basil together. Set aside.
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 12x8 casserole dish with vegetable spray.
- Pour 1 cup sauce on the bottom of the dish.
- Lay a lasagna noodle on a flat surface and add about 2 Tbsp. of the Ricotta cheese mixture on the noodle. Top with ground beef. Roll the noodle up. Place the roll upright with the cheese mixture showing.
- Repeat with remaining noodles and filling.
- Cover with remaining sauce, making sure to cover each roll.
- Sprinkle the mozarella cheese on top and cook in the oven for 50-60 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before eating.
- Serve with salad and french bread and ENJOY!!!