Mini Honey Wheat Loaves
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Bread
- 1½ cups warm water
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- ½ cup honey
- 1⅔ cups wheat flour
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. instant coffee (optional)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2¼ tsp. yeast (1 pkg.)
- cornmeal, for top
- Place water in your bread mixer and add yeast. Add butter, honey, sugar, cocoa, coffee and salt. Mix together. Gradually add flour while mixing. Mix dough till nice and smooth. (In my machine usually about 5 minutes or so.)
- Grease a large bowl, place dough into the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise for at least an hour or until double in size.
- Once risen, divide dough into 4 equal parts and knead into loaves on a lightly floured board.
- Grease four mini loaf pans.
- Spread the corn meal on the bread board and roll the loaves in it until all sides are lightly covered.
- Place in the bread pans and cover with a light towel.
- Let rise till double in size, about a half or so.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve warm with butter...Sooo good! ENJOY!