Key Lime Cake
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- (3.4 oz.) pkg. instant lemon pudding
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. key lime juice (about 4-5 key limes squeezed)
- green food coloring (I used about 4 drops)
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- ⅓ cup key lime juice (fresh squeezed is the best, but you can use bottled)
- 1 cube butter
- 1 (8oz. pkg.) cream cheese softened
- 1 (16 oz.) box powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. key lime juice
- ½ cup finely crushed graham crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine cake mix, pudding, water, oil and eggs and mix together
- Add key lime juice and food coloring to desired color.
- Grease and flour a 9x13 pan.
- Pour cake batter into pan and bake in oven for 50 minutes, or until cake is set.
- Let cake cool for about 10 minutes.
- Using a fork, carefully poke several holes into the cake.
- Make glaze by combining powdered sugar and lime juice and stirring until smooth.
- Pour glaze on top of the cake slowly so that it will seep into the holes.
- Let cake completely cool.
- For frosting, blend together butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar until you have smooth consistency. Add the key lime juice and blend in.
- Frost cooled cake and sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on top.