Chickadee Easter Cupcakes
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: cupcakes
- 1 box favorite cake mix (Yellow cake mix works well)
- Eggs, water and oil to make cupcakes
- 1 container of vanilla frosting
- cupcake liners
- Chocolate chips for eyes
- Orange Slices candy
- 2 cups flaked coconut (can substitute with yellow sprinkles)
- yellow food coloring
- Make cupcakes according package directions.
- Mix yellow food coloring into vanilla frosting, add enough drops to get desired color.
- (I didn't dye the frosting and it would have been better dyed yellow FYI)
- Frost cupcakes.
- Place coconut in a large ziploc bag and drop about 8 drops of yellow food coloring into the bag.
- Shake the bag until the coconut is completely covered yellow.
- Top the cupcakes with the yellow coconut.
- Place a chocolate chip with tip side down for each eye.
- Cut the orange slice into small triangles and place for beak.
- Cut larger triangles for the feet.
- You can dye some extra coconut green for grass to have the cupcakes sit in, or put them in Easter grass.
- Have Fun!