Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 8 eggs
- ½ red pepper finely diced
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- a couple of shakes of garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese, or pepper jack
- 6½ oz. pkg. sausage links (10 links)
- 1 lb. shredded hash browns
- 8 Taco shells
- Heat a small skillet and cook the hash browns according to package directions.
- Set aside, keeping warm.
- Cook the sausage links according to package directions. (We cook ours in the microwave and they turn out great) Cut into small pieces.
- Beat the eggs in a medium bowl. Add the pepper, onion and garlic powder. (Don't add the salt and pepper till the eggs are cooked, that is the trick to fluffier eggs.)
- Cook eggs in a skillet with about 2 Tbsp. butter. (This is how I always cook eggs, with butter)
- Salt and pepper the eggs before adding the cheese.
- Add the cheese just as the eggs are about done, lower the heat and cover with a lid so the cheese melts.
- Heat up the taco shells and assemble by layering ¼ cup hash browns, 2 diced sausage links, and then eggs.
- Serve with Salsa and avocado and ENJOY!