Sweetheart Cherry Almond Cookies
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- 1 Tbsp. maraschino cherry juice
- ¼ cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 2½ cups flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cream of tarter
- ¼ cup sugar for rolling cookies
- Cherry flavored candy
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add egg, extracts and cherry juice and beat well.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the chopped cherries. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Form small balls and roll in the sugar.
- Place on a cookie sheet.
- Cook in preheated 375 degree oven for 8 minutes.
- When cookies have cooled for a couple of minutes, place a cherry heart in the center.