Banana Orange Bars
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: dessert
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (3-4)
- 1⅔ cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ORANGE BUTTER FROSTING
- 5 Tbsp. softened butter
- 4½ cups powdered sugar
- 5 Tbsp. orange juice
- Orange zest from one orange
- In a large bowl, beat the bananas, sugar, oil and eggs until well blended.
- In a small bowl mix the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and soda together.
- Gradually add flour to the banana mixture until blended.
- Pour into a greased 15x10x1 inch pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Cool pan on baking rack.
- Meanwhile mix the frosting by blending the sugar and butter together.
- Add the orange juice and beat till smooth.
- Add the orange zest. (Save some orange zest to add as a garnish on top)
- Spread the frosting evenly over the completely cooled cake.
- Cut into bars and ENJOY!
- Garnish with small wedges of orange if you like!
FOR NUTRTIONAL VALUE AND MORE FUN RECIPES, CLICK ON THE MAGIC BUTTON!