Cherry Chip Sandwich Hearts
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: cookies
- Note: To make the circular sandwich cookie with the heart shape in the middle( pictures in the top right hand corner) just simply take one of your cookies that you cut a heart out of and sandwich it together with another circular frosted cookie. Then sprinkle your favorite sprinkles on top. This way non of your scraps go to waste 🙂
- Mix cake mix, eggs, and oil in large mixing bowl until formed. Then allow to sit in refrigerator for about an hour or until easy to mold.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls ( if you have larger cookie cutters than do them larger). Place each ball on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- If you want red and pink heart cookies then roll each ball into the red or pink sugar sprinkles, coating evenly before placing on the pan.
- Allow to cook for 10-12 minutes or until you can stick a fork in the center of one of the cookies and it comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Take your heart cookie cutter and cut the shape of a heart right in the center of each cookie. You can either scrap the excess cookie edges or eat them. (I recommend eating them 🙂
- Once you have your heart shaped cherry chip cookies all you need to do is frost them and stick 2 of them together like a sandwich. (You can buy pink frosting at some grocery stores around Valentines or just add a little red food coloring to your favorite white frosting.)
- To make the sandwich cookies even more cute and festive you can roll the edges in your favorite festive valentine sprinkles. We used some cute red, pink, and white mini heart sprinkles and a couple of other varieties and they turned out super cute! As you can tell by the picture 🙂
To make the circular sandwich cookie with the heart shape in the middle( pictures in the top right hand corner) just simply take one of your cookies that you cut a heart out of and