I’m a little obsessed with making cheese balls right now (as you may have noticed from my recent blog posts.) I have this new fascination with learning how to make cheese balls of all different varieties and flavors. This Peppermint Cookie Cheeseball is a very festive one that I sort of made up. I really like cheese cake and I love cookie dough, so I thought why not take cream cheese and cookie ingredients and turn it into a cheese ball. Then I added a touch of Christmas to it with the holiday oreos and peppermint bark. The end result was this sweet twist on the traditional salty cheese ball that everyone is sure to love! It has already been tested and taste approved by both my husbands friends and my family.
Peppermint Cookie Cheeseball
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 8 oz package of Cream Cheese
- ½ cup softened butter
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2./3 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ bag mini chocolate chips
- Peppermint chips or peppermint bark
- 5 holiday Oreos ( with red cream filling)
- Blend together Cream cheese, butter and vanilla (with hand mixer or with kitchen aid). Add dry ingredients excluding the Oreo and peppermint chips. Place these in a separate bowl and crush them with a fork (if you have peppermint chips you don't have to crush them obviously).
- Place the cream cheese mixture for about 30 min to an hour until it is easier to form into a ball. (You can make the ball right away if you'd like, it is just a little harder to form). Once you have made a ball out of the cream cheese mixture roll the ball in the crushed Oreo and peppermint bark so that the outside of the ball is coated.
- Serve with graham cracker, Oreos, pretzels or whatever the heck you feel like dipping in it.