For Christmas, my daughter Heather gave me some fun cookbooks with a cute cookbook stand. When I set my stand on the counter and opened my “3 Books in 1” cookbook, I immediately noticed the recipe that was staring me in the face! They were these Peanut Blossoms and they had me hooked the moment I saw the ingredients! This uses a cake mix which makes them so easy. The family seriously all enjoyed them and they were gone in a flash!
- 1 pkg. yellow cake mix
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 pkg. chocolate kiss candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheet lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat cake mix, peanut butter, butter and egg in large bowl until well blended.
- Place sugar in a shallow dish.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in sugar to coat. Place on cookie sheet and press one candy into the center of each ball, flattening ball slightly.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheets 2 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks; Cool completely.
Make sure you allow your cookie sheet to cool to room temperature between batches. Placing cookie dough on a warm cookie sheet will cause the dough to melt and spread.
Also, if you choose to use a Hug Kiss, the white chocolate melts very fast. Do not put them on the ball while cooking, wait till the cookies have cooled and then place on top, they will still push down enough. (I learned the hard way!)