Chocolate Covered Cherries
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: sweets
- 16 oz. pkg powdered sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp. evaporated milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 10-oz jars maraschino cherries, with stems or without. (I like them with stems, easier to pick up and eat!)
- 12 oz. chocolate flavored candy coating
- 6 oz. pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Blend together sugar, butter, evaporated milk and vanilla.
- Dry your cherries on paper towels.
- Wrap each cherry in about 1 teaspoon sugar mixture. (I actually use about 2 tsp.)
- (I roll them between my hands so they are nice and round)
- Arrange on a baking pan lined with wax paper and refrigerate overnight.
- Melt together candy coating and chocolate chips in a double boiler or in the microwave. (If melting in the microwave be sure to add 2 tsp vegetable oil to the chocolate chips, and then check and stir about every minute till it is nicely melted)
- Use a candy dipper to dip the cherries in the chocolate, or use two forks to dip them.
- Place on wax paper to cool.