So I decided I’m kind of obsessed with roasted tomatoes now after making some yesterday for my Tomato Basil soup. They are so delicious even just on their own, but I decided I wanted to take a stab at making another roasted tomato recipe today, this time with pasta. So I made this recipe up and the greatest part about it is that it is super cheap and for only $5 (yes that’s right $5) you have a delicious gourmet tasting meal for two. ( Only that I liked it so much I devoured it before my husband even got home from work…shhh…keep that on the DL please 🙂
This really turned out super good and was super easy to make. The only part that is a little time consuming is the cooking time for the roasted tomatoes. The rest of it you can make in about 15 minutes.
- 1 bag Knorrs Italian Sides Creamy Garlic Shells - ($1 at most grocery stores)
- 1 garlic clove
- 3-4 medium Roma tomatoes
- ½ red onion
- ½ red pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch dried basil seasoning
- 1 pinch ground oregano seasoning
- ½ c Grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- First preheat oven to 350 degrees F and cut the Roma tomatoes length wise into fourths. Place them on a shallow pan as well as one whole garlic clove and drizzle about 1½ tbsp olive oil over the tomatoes (you can use any oil this is just what I prefer) . Salt and pepper the tomatoes and sprinkle a pinch of dried oregano and basil evenly over the tomatoes. Place pan in oven on middle rack and cook for 60 minutes.
- When they are about 15 minutes from being done follow directions on the package Knorrs Creamy Garlic Shells.
- While the pasta is cooking, cut up your red pepper, onion, and garlic clove (peel first). Place in a small frying pan coated with olive oil and sprinkle another pinch of oregano and basil over the top. Cook over medium stirring regularly as not to burn. Cook until tender and onions are slightly browned then combine with the finished pasta and add roasted tomatoes as well.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and then let cool for about 5 minutes to let the sauce thicken up. Then serve!