Whenever we go to Olive Garden (which my husband and I both love), we often get the soup and salad combo. One of the soups that we love the most is their Zuppa Toscana Soup. I found this recipe on a Tuscan recipe web site and with the help of my daughters, we produced what I believe to be as close as possible to the real thing!
I was pleasantly surprised at how easy this Zuppa Toscana soup was to make. My husband was so excited about this recipe since now he can have his favorite Olive Garden soup without leaving home!
Zuppa Toscana Soup
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Soup
Serves: 6-8 bowls
- Zuppa Toscana Soup
- 1 lb ground italian sausage
- 1½ tespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 white onion diced
- 4 Tbsp bacon pieces ( about 4-5 pieces of bacon chopped up)
- 2 tsp garlic puree (I used minced garlic)
- 10 cups water
- 5 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb sliced russet potatoes,(about 3 large potatoes)
- ¼ of a bunch of Kale
- Brown sausage with crushed red pepper in a large pot. Drain excess fat and remove and put in fridge while you prepare other ingredients.
- In the same pot, saute onion, garlic and bacon over low medium heat for 15 minutes or till the onion is soft.
- Add chicken bouillon and water to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the sliced potatoes and cook till soft, about ½ hour on low.
- Add the cream and cook till thoroughly heated through.
- Stir in sausage and kale and heat through. (Kale will need to soften up some)
- When serving add some grated parmesan cheese on top if you like! Enjoy!!!