When the weather starts to get cool, there is nothing better than cooking some good old comfort food! What better comfort food is there than macaroni and cheese? I started making this Mac n’ Cheese recipe a couple of years ago and it has since become one of my son’s favorite dishes! If you love cheese and you love reminiscing about your childhood, then this is the macaroni and cheese recipe for you. It is really easy to make and is also budget friendly.
Just be careful when you start eating because you will definitely want to have seconds. Or thirds. 🙂
- 1 lb grated sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ lb elbow macaroni (cooked and drained)
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Garlic powder to taste
- ½ sleeve finely crushed cracker crumbs
- Cook and drain macaroni.
- Toss macaroni with butter.
- In a small bowl, mix half the cheese, milk, salt, pepper, eggs, garlic powder and crushed crackers. Mix with macaroni and pour into a baking dish.
- Top it off with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees until golden on top and set, usually about ½ hour.