Mmm…mmm…I love me some Zupas! Nothing beats a nice warm bowl of Zupa’s Tomato Basil Soup on a crisp fall day. This is my is a copycat Zupa’s Tomato Basil Soup recipe and my favorite out of all of their delicious soups. It is so creamy and rich in flavor.
A Delicious Copy Cat Zupa’s Tomato Basil Soup Recipe
Something so good should not be left for a rare occasion, so here is the recipe for Zupa’s tomato soup. Now you can make this Zupa recipe at home for the whole family instead of breaking your wallet at the restaurant.
Plus, those of you who do not live near a Cafe Zupas and have not had the privilege of trying this delicious, creamy Zupas tomato basil soup recipe, here is your chance to make it right in your own kitchen.
I always question whether or not these Copy Cat recipes that leak out on the internet will really taste like the real thing, but this gourmet tomato basil soup recipe definitely met all my expectations. So Enjoy this Cafe Zupas tomato basil soup!
For another delicious copy cat recipe, try out our KFC Coleslaw recipe!
- 4 lb tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 6-8 garlic cloves, left unpeeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, minced [use only ½ tsp if you used dried]
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced [use only 1 tsp if using dried basil]
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- Directions Put oven rack in middle position and preheat to 350°F.
- Arrange tomatoes, cut sides up, in 1 layer in a large shallow baking pan and add garlic to pan. Drizzle tomatoes with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast tomatoes and garlic 1 hour, then cool in pan on a rack.
- Peel garlic.
- Cook onion, oregano, basil, and sugar in butter in a 6- to 8-quart heavy pot over moderately low heat, stirring frequently, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, garlic, and stock and simmer, covered, 20 minutes.
- Purée soup in batches in a blender (use caution when blending hot liquids), then force through a sieve into cleaned pot, discarding solids.
- Stir in cream and salt and pepper to taste and simmer 2 minutes