I’ve made this Pistachio Shortbread Dessert for years, but this time I changed the base of my crust. I decided to go easy and use shortbread cookies in place of the traditional flour crust. This made for a little more crumbly and flavorful crust which I loved.
My daughter always asks for this pistachio dessert for her birthday because she loves it so much. I have to say, this is another one of those desserts that you have to be careful with because you will want more than one piece!
Gain a Love for Pistachio Shortbread Dessert
Whether or not you’re already a fan of pistachio-flavored desserts, this is a great one to try for your first taste. This Pistachio Shortbread dessert tastes amazing and the green color makes it fun for the whole family.
For another amazing pistachio dessert recipe, try our Pistachio Chip Cookies!
- 1 (13 oz.) pkg. Keebler shortbread cookies
- 3 Tbsp. butter melted
- 2 small pkgs. (3.4 oz. each) instant pistachio pudding
- 2¾ cup milk
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 carton cool whip (1½ cup to use with cream cheese, the rest to spread on top)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Crush the cookies in a ziploc bag, till finely crushed.
- Mix the melted butter with the crumbs and press into a 9x13 pan. Cook for about 10 minutes in the oven till lightly brown. Let cool.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar and 1½ cups cool whip together till smooth.
- Layer over the top of the crushed cookies crust.
- Mix the milk and pudding mix together till it thickens.
- Pour over the top of the cream cheese layer.
- Spread the rest of the cool whip over the top and refrigerate.
Click on the magic button for nutritional values and more fun recipes!!