My family absolutely loves these garlic Parmesan roasted red potatoes! We’ve all been die-hard mashed potato fans in the past, but this dish has changed our minds. In fact, we all give these Parmesan red potatoes a 5-star rating.
If you want an easy dish with very little preparation, then this Parmesan red potato recipe is perfect. Total cook time is about 15 minutes and prep time is minimal. In fact, these are sometimes called Microwave red potatoes… because you actually cook them in the microwave first!
How to Cook Red Potatoes in the Microwave?
We get asked the following questions all the time:
- How do you cook red potatoes in the microwave?
- How long to microwave red potatoes?
- Do you actually bake red potatoes in the microwave?
The answer to how to microwave red potatoes is you simple put them in long enough to get them tender. You’ll want to poke holes in the microwave red potatoes before cooking them to ensure a thorough microwave and use your “potato” setting if you have one.
The real baking of red potatoes doesn’t happen in the microwave, but rather at the end when you throw them in the oven to roast for 15 minutes at the end.
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Red Potatoes as a Side
These Parmesan red potatoes (or microwave red potatoes) are a perfect side dish and could even be served as an appetizer if you like. They pack a lot of flavor and sometimes keeping it simple is best!
For another great potato recipe, try out our Garlic and Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes!
- 2 pounds medium red potatoes
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp. Lawry's Season Salt
- ½ tsp. onion salt
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a large cookie sheet with aluminum foil and grease with vegetable spray.
- Clean potatoes and cook in the microwave till potatoes are just tender when pierced with a fork.
- Don't over cook them!
- (Make sure to poke a couple of holes in the potatoes before cooking them. I have a potato setting on my microwave which makes it easy to cook)
- After the potatoes have been microwaved, cut them in half lengthwise, then cut again.
- Put the oil, Parmesan cheese and seasonings into a large Ziploc bag, and add the potatoes.
- Shake the bag until the potatoes are completely covered and the ingredients are all mixed well.
- Pour out onto the prepared cookie sheet and cook for 15-20 minutes.