I still remember the old commercial when I was growing up for Fritos Corn Chips. Just the other day I was singing the song in the car, “Aye, Yi, Yi, Yii. I am the Frito Bandito. I love Frito’s Corn Chips, I Love them I do. I love Frito’s Corn Chips, I take them from you!”
Ok, that is sad that I remember that, but it goes to show you that good advertising songs can last a lifetime! For those of you who are close to my age, you may remember that song, but the reason I brought that up was because it made me crave a Frito Bandito Salad.
Make Your Own Frito Bandito Salad!
This Frito salad is made with common ingredients and is pretty easy to whip up. Your kids will love it because it has chips in it (mine always want chips!!) and it’s a great way to get some salad in their diet without it seeming like just vegetables.
This salad is always a hit at the family parties, and it is truly a meal in itself! So delicious and easy to make, and yes, I love Frito Corn Chips!
For another great salad recipe, try out our Crunchy Pea Salad!
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 1 can olives, halved
- 1 head lettuce
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 bag Frito Corn Chips
- 1 bottle Catalina Dressing
- Brown the hamburger and drain the grease.
- Salt and pepper the hamburger to taste.
- Mix together the lettuce, olives, tomatoes, pepper and onions in a salad bowl.
- When ready to serve, toss in the hamburger, cheese and Fritos. (I lightly crush the Fritos).
- Add the Dressing right before serving. (I don't add all of it at once, I usually keep adding the dressing till I get the coverage I want)