I don’t know if you guys have ever tried our Raspberry Pretzel Jello Salad but it is to die for. It is seriously one of my most favorite jello salad recipes I have ever tasted, and around the holidays our family is eating it a ton. Well this recipe of ours gave me inspiration to make up another jello salad that would be just as tasty. Most people are big fans of strawberry cheesecake and I figured that turning it into a jello treat would be worth a try. That is when I came up with this strawberry cheesecake jello salad. It turned out being better than I even expected!
Layers of Cheesecake and Jello!
The layers of this Strawberry Cheesecake Jello Salad consist of a delicious strawberry jello topping, loaded with strawberries. So good. Then there is a layer of a sweet whipped cream cheese that complements that strawberry topping so well. Last of all, I couldn’t leave out a yummy crust, and so obviously I made a graham cracker crust. The combination was heavenly.
My family told me I wasn’t allowed to call it a “salad” because it’s pretty much just a treat, but hey our raspberry pretzel salad is called a salad and that is just as “treaty” as this recipe.
If you’re in charge of the jello or a salad (or dessert!) at your family Thanksgiving dinner, then give this recipe a try. This Strawberry Cheesecake Jello Salad recipe really is so good.
- 6 oz strawberry jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 23 oz tub frozen strawberries with sugar thawed
- 8 oz block of Cream Cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 12 oz cool whip
- 2 sleeves graham crackers
- ½ cup butter
- ⅓ cup sugar
- First make the crust by finely crushing the graham crackers. (I use my magic bullet for this, but you can use a food processor, or a ziploc bag and rolling pin as well)
- Melt the butter in a medium sized bowl.
- Combine the crushed graham crackers and ⅓ cup sugar with the melted butter.
- Press into the bottom of a 9x13 pan
- Let cool in fridge for 10 mins.
- CREAM CHEESE LAYER:
- In a medium sized bowl combine the sugar and cream cheese. Mix together with a hand mixer til well blended.
- FOLD in the cool whip.
- Spread over the cooled graham cracker crust.
- JELLO TOPPING:
- Boil two cups of water. (I always do this in the microwave to save time)
- In a medium sized bowl combine the jello and hot water til it dissolves.
- Add in the thawed frozen strawberries. (I just put the tub of berries in the fridge when I come home from the store so they are ready to use when I make the jello)
- Pour the jello mixture over the cream cheese layer.
- Place in the fridge for 4 hours before serving