When I was a little girl I absolutely hated Craft Mac n’ Cheese. This was a bit of a bummer because my siblings were obsessed with it, which meant that we had it all the time. What made it even worse, was that they liked it with hot dogs cut up in it. YUCK! (Well to my 10 year old self). I feel like most kids liked mac n’ cheese, so I was definitely the weird child, especially since my most favorite food at that time was broccoli with cheese sauce. (Recipe coming soon) 🙂
Ha, I seriously got made fun of for that, but that’s another story for later. Anyway, I did not realize at my young age how yummy mac n’ cheese really could be because we never had homemade mac n’ cheese around my house. Now days we have macaroni and cheese as on a regular basis because I love it so much. And guess what? I even like Kraft Mac n’ Cheese nowadays.
Sharp White Cheddar Mac n’ Cheese Recipe
This sharp white cheddar mac n’ cheese is similar to other mac n’ cheese recipes I’ve made before, but of course I switched up a few ingredients to make it unique. I love how the sharp white cheddar makes it so rich, and how the whipping cream makes it so thick and creamy. It really is the definition of a perfect comfort food.
It’s a good thing mac n’ cheese is so easy to make, or else I don’t know if I would eat it as much as I do. This is considering I’m not one that loves spending hours in the kitchen. The nice thing about this mac n’ cheese recipe is it can be made in under 30 minutes!
If you want to try another macaroni and cheese recipe with a bit of a kick and some yummy bacon, try this Bacon Pepper Jack Mac n’ Cheese recipe!
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 5 cups sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 lb elbow pasta
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Cook the pasta according to package.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan melt the butter.
- Add the garlic and let the garlic simmer in the butter for 1 min
- Whisk in the flour to make a buttery paste.
- Add the heavy cream and milk.
- Stir the cream mixture heat over medium heat for about 3 minutes til it bubbles and thickens.
- Stir in the cheese one cup at a time.
- Wait til each cup melts before you add another cup of cheese.
- Stir all the cheese til it has melted and makes a thick, creamy cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle in the salt and pepper and mix together.
- Add the pasta to the cheese sauce and mix all together.
- Serve in bowls and sprinkle with more salt and pepper to your desired taste.