Have you guys tried Rubio’s Steak Tacos? OH MY GOSH! These things are absolutely Heavenly. There is seriously so much flavor in every single bite. My son introduced these to me several years ago, and OH boy am I happy that he did. They seriously mastered how to pair flavors together perfectly because whatever the heck they did, they have me obsessed with these grilled steak tacos.
I definitely think the ingredient that makes these steak tacos as good as they are is the sauce. That stuff is almost as addicting as Chick Fil A sauce, and I could dump that sauce on everything. I’m also not a huge fan of anything that is spicy, but these tacos have a little kick and the spice doesn’t bother me at all. Probably just because the flavor makes it worth it to have a little heat in your mouth.
Copycat Steak Tacos as Good as the Real Thing!
Seriously try these Rubio’s Steak tacos tonight. I’m certain that you wont be disappointed. (Well almost certain) 🙂 My mouth is watering just thinking about these!
For other great taco recipes, try our Slow Cooker Shredded Beef tacos!
- 15 corn tortillas
- 2 bags John Souls Foods Frozen Beef strips ( or Tyson frozen steak strips if not available)
- 2 avocados (sliced in wedges)
- ½ white onion (diced)
- 16 oz package of bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 2 cups cheddar jack cheese
- Chipotle Sauce (double batch)
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Mayo
- 4 tbsp milk
- 4 tbsp chopped Cilantro
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 2 limes (for juice)
- 2 tbsp chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (sauce only)
- Add all ingredients for chipotle sauce in a blender or food processor. Blend well (squeeze out the juice from the limes, do not add whole lime)
- Fry bacon in frying pan and then crumble into bite size pieces
- Heat steak strips in separate frying pan
- Prep avocado buy slicing it in wedges (each wedge is about ⅛ of avocado)
- Dice up onion
- Heat each corn tortilla in a frying pan with about ⅛ c cheddar jack cheese sprinkled on it (heat til lightly browned)
- On each corn tortilla add approximately ⅓ cup beef strips, about 1 slice crumbled bacon, approximately 1 tbsp diced onion, 2-3 avocado wedges, and then drizzle about 1 tbsp Chipotle sauce on top