When I saw a recipe for Crunchy Pea Salad, I thought really? A whole salad out of peas? Well, it is true, you can make a salad out of peas! And not only, it is better than you think.
Crunchy Pea Salad Everyone Will Enjoy
Of course, with the addition of nuts, craisins and bacon, this turned out to be absolutely delicious! I wasn’t sure how the family was going to react to it, but after dinner was over, they kept picking at. That is always a good sign!
Since then this really has become a family favorite. Both my daughters have introduced it to their husbands and they love it! It’s amazing how adding the right ingredients can complement the pea salad and make it a memorable, delightful experience.
This recipe comes from family.go.com website. It’s been an instant classic, and the peas help you feel like you’re eating a really healthy salad. 🙂 The next time I make this though, I think I will add some chopped cauliflower to add a little more color!
For another delicious green salad recipe, try our 7 Layer Green Salad recipe!
- 1 10oz. box frozen sweet peas, thawed and drained
- 1 cup peanuts
- ¼ cup chopped greens onions
- 1 lb. bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup craisins
- ½ cup mayonaise
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. of vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ground pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp. Maggi seasoning (I couldn't find it, but the substitute for it is even amounts of soy sauce and worcestershire sauce.) That is what I added.
- Optional ingredients for salad: 1 cup chopped cauliflower, ½ cup celery. If you add more ingredients you might want to make a little extra sauce to mix in.
- Whisk together the mayonaise, vinegar, sugar, pepper and Maggi seasoning together in a bowl.
- Add the mixture to the other ingredients and toss well.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving!
- Soooo good!