Cookies in a salad? Yes, that’s right! And they are so so yummy! I got this Cookie Salad recipe at a family gathering from one of my husband’s cousins. At first glance, I wasn’t too sure about it only because typically “cookies” and “salad” don’t usually fall in the same sentence.
But boy was I wrong! I fell in love with it the minute I took the first bite. In fact, I’d go so far as to say salads have never had it so good. Cookie Salad was a huge hit!.
Cookie Looks Can be Deceiving
I thought it was going to be a potato salad and was surprised when it turned out to be a sweet and creamy salad, with cookies in it! This Cookie Salad is so good, that you might feel like you are eating a dessert! It could really serve either purpose. You could serve it as a dessert or a side salad to top off a delicious meal. Either way, I don’t think you or your guests will be disappointed.
Here at Sugar n’ Spice Gals, we love cookies AND salads. For a great cookie dessert recipe, you might try our Orange Cream Cookies. For another great dessert salad recipe, try our Cranberry Jello salad!
- COOKIE SALAD
- 2 3.4 oz pkgs. instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cup buttermilk
- 12 oz Cool Whip
- 1 20 oz can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 15 oz cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 11.5 oz pkg. Fudge Striped Cookies (about 30 cookies)
- Whip buttermilk, cool whip and pudding.
- Smash cookies in a plastic bag till they are in tiny pieces.
- Add smashed cookies, mandarin oranges and pineapple to mixture.
- Best if chilled for 6 hours before serving.