My family LOVES sugar, as I’m sure most families do. When we get together, we always have a big meal and a really delicious dessert (like this chocolate lasagna) to top it off! Sure, we may overdo it, but when we find a recipe as delicious as this one, you even have the dieters in the family not being able to turn it down!
Chocolate Lasagna was a total hit in our home. It’s honestly perfect for any occasion and is one of those desserts you can eat during any season! If you’re as big of a chocolate fan as we are, then chocolate lasagna will do it for you.
Surprise Your Kids with Chocolate Lasagna!
What kid doesn’t love lasagna, when it’s made of chocolate?! This is a fun dessert for the kids to eat and something they’ll talk about to their friends. Few desserts that we’ve made have made as big of an impression on our kids as this delicious chocolate recipe has.
For another great chocolate dessert recipe, try our Oreo Chocolate Cheesecake Pie!
- 1 package regular Oreo cookies (Not Double Stuff) – about 36 cookies
- 6 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 1- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cold milk1- 12 ounce tub Cool Whip, divided
- 2 – 3.9 ounce packages Chocolate Instant Pudding.
- 3¼ cups cold milk
- 1 and ½ cups mini chocolate chips
- Put 36 Oreo cookies in a food processor and crush the oreos until they have turned to fine crumbs. You can also place them in a large ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin or smashing them with your hands. (You can also use the magic bullet)
- Put the Oreo crumbs to a large bowl and stir in 6 tablespoons melted butter and use a fork to mix the butter into the cookie crumbs. When the butter is mixed in, put the mixture to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Press down the crumbs into the bottom of the pan. Let the crust sit in the refrigerator while you mix up the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix the cream cheese with a mixer until it's fluffy. Add 2 Tablespoons of milk, and the sugar, and mix well. Stir in 1 and ¼ cups Cool Whip. After you have mixed all those ingredients together then spread what you have just mixed up over the crust.
- In a medium size bowl, mix the chocolate instant pudding with 3 and ¼ cups cold milk. Whisk with hand or hand mixer for several minutes until the pudding starts to thicken. Use a spatula to spread the mixture over the previous cream cheese layer. Allow the dessert to sit for 5-10 minutes so that the pudding can better firm up.
- Take the remaining Cool Whip and spread over the top of your layers. Finish off by sprinkling mini chocolate chips evenly over the top. Place in the freezer for 1 hour, or the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving