A few years ago I was visiting my best friend in Florida. She is the greatest at taking care of me when I visit her and is always making me lots of yummy food (that is, when we’re not out buying pizza or a burger). As you can see, we’re both obsessed with the healthiest food 😉 Anyway, we were finished with dinner and she whipped out a treat that I have now become obsessed with. Buttermilk brownies.
What the heck? How had I never tried this dessert before? These brownies are hands down my favorite brownie I’ve ever tasted.
Try These Buttermilk Brownies with some Ice Cream!
This Buttermilk Brownie recipe is especially good when the brownies are hot and topped off with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. I die every time I have this dessert recipe. Only problem is, they make a huge batch, so make sure you’re ready to eat a lot or have friends to share with. 🙂
These brownies make the perfect end-of-day snack for your family and kiddos, or they can be a great gift for a neighbor during the holidays. Or, make them for your next big family get together and watch your family go crazy over them!Grab some ice cream next time you’re at the store, and run home to make this brownie recipe. You will be thrilled with the results!
For another great brownie recipe, try out our pumpkin butterscotch brownies!
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- ¼ c cocoa powder
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 3½ cups powder sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- In a medium sized pot melt the butter. Add the water and cocoa and stir. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- In a large bowl mix together the sugar, flour, salt and baking soda.
- Pour the cocoa mixture over the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk and beat til all the ingredients are completely mixed together.
- Spray a large baking pan with cooking spray. I used a 10x15x1 in pan.
- (Make sure it's at least an inch deep)
- Place in the oven for 25 mins.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a medium sized pot melt the butter over medium heat
- Add the buttermilk, vanilla, cocoa and let the ingredients come right to boiling.
- Turn the heat down to low and stir in the powder sugar.
- Let the frosting simmer for a minute.
- Pour the frosting over the cooled cake.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Cut and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.