This Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole recipe is one of my favorite dishes to make when I have a crowd to feed.
I like the fact that I can make this Chicken and Rice Casserole ahead of time (In the morning…the night before etc..) and then just pop it in the oven when I’m ready to serve it.
It might sound like a strange combo when you scan through the list of ingredients, but trust me when I say this Chicken and Rice Casserole is definitely a winner.
There have been times when I haven’t had potato chips to sprinkle on top, so instead I have used crushed crackers and it was also good! I still think I like the crushed potato chips more, because it just adds a little more of a salty taste, and crunch!
This is one of those dishes that I always hope I have some left overs of, because it is just as good the next day…2 days of this stuff equals double the pleasure!
- 5 cups cooked rice. (Minute Rice works good)
- 4 chicken breasts cooked and cubed.
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1 cup diced celery
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ Tbsp. oil
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup milk
- Splash of lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Lawrys Season Salt
- 1 tsp. Lemmon Pepper
- 1½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- (If using cracker crumb topping, use one sleeve saltine crackers with 4 Tbsp. melted butter.)
- Sliced almonds (optional)
- Cook rice according to package. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Cook and cube chicken breasts. (I boil them)
- Boil eggs, and cut into small pieces.
- Saute onions in oil till slightly translucent.
- In a bowl, combine soups, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, milk. Mix well.
- Stir in seasonings.
- Combine soup mixture with rice, chicken, celery and onions.
- Mix well. (Add almonds if you like, my kids usually don't like the almonds added)
- Pour into a greased 9x13 casserole dish.
- Top with cheese and potato chips.
- Cook for 30 minutes.