My friend from work brought this amazing Cashew Chicken Pasta Salad to our holiday party. She told me to try her salad, because it was one of her favorites. I knew immediately when I took the first bite that this was a recipe that I wanted to make for my family. She was right! It was absolutely delicious!
I would normally think about making this salad during the summer, but I found it to be perfect as a main dish for dinner any time of the year. I added some french bread and because this salad makes a big batch, it fed the whole family with some left over. I am so happy to have another pasta salad that I love, to add to my recipe collection.
- 4 chicken breasts (or 1 package fully cooked Tyson seasoned chicken strips)
- 1 1b. box of bow tie pasta, cooked and rinsed with cool water.
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 cups seedless grapes, cut in half (red or green)
- 1 large can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup Kraft Coleslaw dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup cashews (or as much as you like)
- Cook chicken by simmering for 1 hour. You can add chopped onion and salt for flavor.
- (If you want a quicker method, use the already cooked frozen chicken strips. Microwave until they
- are just barely thawed and cut into small pieces)
- Mix together the cooked pasta, chicken, pineapple, celery, green onions, and grapes together in a large bowl.
- Combine the mayonnaise and dressing together and toss into the pasta salad.
- Garnish with cashews.